News-Releases Index | Invista
Live Durable™: Change The Way You See The World (7/26/17)
INVISTA’s CORDURA® brand is debuting a series of product collaborations and new fabric technologies – from engineered fabrics to performance naturals – that are dedicated to helping consumers Live Durable™. The new innovations are in support of its latest brand campaign, building on the brand’s durable 50-year heritage.
ORSM'17 show attendees will be able to experience the CORDURA® brand world for themselves, as they are transported by the brand’s first-ever 360° video experience. A virtual-reality (VR) viewer will be provided to share an up-close and personal look at what it means to Live Durable™ with CORDURA® fabric – from the trailhead to the open road, the VR experience will take attendees on an immediate adventure.
“Over the years, we have been fortunate to work hand-in-hand with leading brands in the textile industry to break barriers and pave the way for new durable solutions,” said Cindy McNaull, global CORDURA® brand and marketing director. “These collaborations, including the long-standing partnership we have with our friends at Carhartt, truly embody our brand ethos and support not only what we strive to do, but also why we do it – which is to encourage everyone to get out there and embrace their own version of what it means to Live Durable™, from the everyday to the extreme. The 360° video component of our campaign is a great opportunity to highlight how to live a durable lifestyle with the help of our fabrics, used in clothing and gear made by our incredible brand customers.”
As part of its “50 for 50” anniversary tribute, the CORDURA® brand will debut a list of exciting new product adoptions from leading brands who rely on CORDURA® fabrics:
• The North Face and CORDURA® brand 50th anniversary collection of retro-modern packs, paying tribute to our five-decade heritage and legendary brand partnership.
• Carhartt, Inc. limited edition MultiCam® CORDURA® fabric Chore Coat, celebrating the 100th anniversary of this iconic garment and our longstanding brand partnership.
• Cutting-edge CORDURA® Denim innovations created by CONE Mills and Kaihara, Latest gear and apparel products from Reebok, Fox Racing, Mountain Hardwear, Outdoor Research, Levi’s and Goldwin, all enhanced with the hardworking reliability of CORDURA® fabrics.
Next generation CORDURA® fabric collections will also be introduced, combining science and technology to help overcome everyday barriers consumers face with their gear and apparel.
• Continuing the CORDURA® brand + Cotton Incorporated collaboration, a selection of cutting-edge woven and knit cotton blend ‘Performance Natural” fabrics from Chia Her and Artistic Milliners featuring specialty moisture managing TransDRY™ and STORM COTTON™ technologies will debut at the show. These fabrics combine the tried and true, long-lasting durability of CORDURA® fiber with the natural comfort of cotton.
• With a focus on eco-efficient textile solutions, durable next-generation CORDURA® fabrics for footwear and apparel will make their US debut featuring high performance renewably sourced coatings and membranes based on Dupont Tate and Lyle Susterra® propanediol.
• A master of long-term viable and sustainable microbial control, Dow Antimicrobial introduces Intellifresh™ technology, which will be used in CORDURA® Denim fabric by Artistic Milliners to provide long-lasting, reliable freshness and enhance the life of the garments. Intellifresh™ is powered by SILVADUR™ antimicrobial technology, which blocks odor through absorption of select odorants, helping keep denim fresh and clean between washings.
• Garments from NCSU College of Textile’s Jacob Schindler made with Chia Her CORDURA® Combat Wools™, and designs from Project 20/20 Winner Bethany Martin made with ISPO Textrends award-winning CORDURA® Naturalle™ fabrics from One Chang and Yoonia will be on display in a new ‘Destination Durability’ section of the booth, showcasing the brand’s commitment to young designers of tomorrow.
The FabricLink Network is a unique Networking/Education Resource for ALL things textile related!
TheTechnicalCenter.com for trade-to-trade
FabricLink.com for consumer education
Place your products in our 13 searchable indexes on FabricLink & TheTechnicalCenter for FREE!
Click to start your indexing.
Join TheTechnicalCenter and find out how to enhance your trade marketing plan.
© 2003-2017 The Technical Center | FabricLink
Any comments or suggestions: Email Us