What is Teflon® fabric protector?
Teflon® fabric protector is an industry leader in durable stain and soil protection for apparel, home textiles and a variety of other items made from textiles. Teflon® works on all fabric types by surrounding each fiber with an invisible molecular shield guarding against oil- water-based stains, dust and dry soil. All of this, without impacting the look, touch, feel, color or breathability of the fabric.
Teflon® fabric protector keeps textiles looking newer longer. No imitation can match the powerful stain protection in combination with a better environmental profile than Teflon® fabric protector. And no other fabric protector has the strength of the DuPont name.
Advantages of Teflon® fabric protector
- Stains won't stick
- Delivers durable, long lasting protection by forming molecular shield around the fibers, guarding against oil- and water-based stains, dust and dry soil.
- Forms a barrier at the nanoscale around each fiber
- The protection helps textiles last longer
- DuPont has an ongoing commitment to adapt more sustainable practices
- A technology called Capstone™ keeps Teflon® fabric protector performing at the highest standards, while reducing the environmental impact.*
- Fabrics treated with Teflon® can mean less washing, less water, lower wash and dry temperatures, less energy, less wear and tear, and that can mean less impact on the planet**.
- A world of people and expertise
- 1,000 mills for universal product and hassle-free sourcing
- Help at the local level, in every corner of the globe
- DuPont and Teflon®— a powerful combination. 90% worldwide awareness of the Teflon brand
- 82% of consumers are willing to spend more for products with Teflon fabric protector
- Industry's leading fabric protector
Teflon® Fabric Protector Portfolio of Products & How They Work
- Repel Teflon® Fabric Protector: This finish lowers the critical surface tension of the fabric, so it repels most water- and oil-based liquids. Uses: ready-to-wear, outerwear, upholstery, luggage, outdoor and contract fabrics.
- High Performance Repel Teflon® Fabric Protector: Higher durability and long-lasting repellent performance for demanding applications. Uses: Perfect for fabrics that must maintain repellency performance after repeated launderings and everyday wear.
- Release Teflon® Fabric Protector: A water-loving component of this finish technology pulls water into the fiber during washing to help release stains. Uses: great for washable garments and ground-in stains.
- High Performance Release Teflon® Fabric Protector: This release technology has higher durability for frequently washed items. Uses: shirts, knit tops, workwear, socks, and underwear.
- Ultra Release Teflon® Fabric Protector: This stain release finish not only releases ground-in stains but helps prevent soil redeposition during laundering. It addition, it is hydrophilic which is great for comfortable active wear and menâ€™s shirts. Specially formulated for team sports apparel, team sports gear, and activewear. Uses: Running, cycling, fitness, menâ€™s shirts and intimate apparel.
- Advanced Dual Action Teflon® Fabric Protector: This technology combines the best stain fighters. It offers excellent repellency against both water-and oil-based spills and ground-in stains wash out easily during normal laundering. Uses: Developed for cotton-rich and synthetic fabrics to offer repellency against both water- and oil-based spills. Khakis, shirts, knit tops, workwear, school uniforms, children's apparel and outerwear.
- Industrial Strength Dual Action Teflon® Fabric Protector: Developed to withstand the harsh treatment of industrial laundering (hotter wash temperatures, higher mechanical stresses, and frequent washings). Uses: Workwear, career apparel, and uniform rental.
- Tri-Effects Teflon® fabric protector: The outside of the fabric repels and the inside absorbs, keeping you dry, cool, and comfortable, making it ideal for workwear, athletic or other garments worn close to the skin or in hot environments.
*Environmental claim based exclusively on the fact that textiles finished with Capstone™ repellent and stain release products for Teflon® fabric protector utilize short-chain molecules that cannot break down to PFOA in the environment. Capstone™ finishes meet the goals of the U.S. EPA 2010/15 PFOA Stewardship Program.