THE OUTLAST DIFFERENCE
Outlast technology enhances textiles by providing the benefit of temperature regulation by proactively managing heat and moisture in textiles. As a company committed to temperature regulation, Outlast can give you the technology to provide more comfortable solutions to everyday life. Brands that want to offer their customers greater comfort will value the Outlast difference. When you manage temperature, heat, and moisture, your customers can feel "just right." Outlast technology is NOT wicking technology, which manages moisture by reacting to your sweat and pulling it away from the skin. Outlast technology will proactively manage heat while controlling the production of moisture before it begins. THAT'S the Outlast difference.
HOW DOES OUTLAST WORK?
Outlast technology, originally developed for NASA, utilizes phase change materials (PCM) that absorb, store and release heat for optimal thermal comfort. When you begin to get too warm, the Outlast technology will absorb and store excess heat radiating from the skin to reduce overheating and help prevent perspiration. When you begin to cool down, the stored heat is released, reducing chilling. By proactively managing heat, you regulate temperature so your customers feel not too hot, not too cold but "just right."
OUTLAST IN TEXTILE APPLICATIONS:
Whether you want to purchase Outlast fabrics from us or you want to source fibers and knits direct from one of our certified spinners or mills, Outlast is ready to work with you.
The Benefits of Outlast Technology in Textile Products:
The Types of Outlast Technology Applications:
- Enhances any textile by adding the benefits of heat management
- Manages moisture before it begins through proactive heat management
- Can be applied to almost ANY textile
- Will NOT inhibit the current properties of the textile or fiber
- Has NO color limitations
- Has proven success with many major brands
- Outlast Thermocules™ as coating on textiles: Outlastcoated materials offer a higher capacity to store heat than any of our other applications. Outlastcoated materials are intended to be used in products that are not in direct contact with the skin (i.e. footwear, bedding, outerwear, etc.). A wide range of materials can be coated.
- Outlast Fiber: The microcapsules containing Outlast technology are located inside the fibers. The Outlast fibers are spun into yarns, and then made into fabrics or finished products. In-fiber applications are for products being worn next to or very close to the skin.
Acrylic – Outlastacrylic fiber can be used in a variety of products including socks, hats and sweaters.
- Viscose/Rayon – Outlastviscose is used in such products as shirts, dresses, sleepwear, intimates, work wear and sportswear.
- Polyester – Outlast revolutionized polyester with the Outlast polyester fiber. This bicomponent fiber contains a PCM core with standard polyester as the sheath.
- Outlast Thermocules™ Matrix Infusion Coating (MIC): An advanced formulation of Outlast Thermocules™ are finely printed onto the flat fabric. OutlastMIC is intended for products worn next to skin, and is perfect for the active, casual and sportswear markets that use compression fabrics. It can be used on virtually any fabric, including cotton or cellulose-based fibers.
QUALITY CONTROL FOR ALL OUTLAST FINISHED PRODUCT
Outlast employs the highest standards, and continuously tests all products that contain Outlast® technology. Outlast certifies its suppliers through each step of the supply chain to ensure that the benefits of Outlast® technology are passed along to the consumer.
END-USE APPLICATIONS FOR OUTLAST TECHNOLOGY
Outlast Technology in Bedding – Outlast technology proactively manages heat and moisture to provide a better, more comfortable night's sleep. Outlast bedding products include comforters/duvets, pillows, mattresses, mattress pads, blankets, sleeping bags, bed linen and pet beds.
Outlast Technology in Apparel – Outlast technology takes apparel comfort to the next level by proactively alleviating spikes in skin temperature that cause discomfort. Outlast apparel products include fashion, active wear, safety & work wear, knitwear, underwear, and pet apparel.
Outlast Technology in Footwear – The heat and moisture management benefits of Outlast technology are significant in footwear. Tests show that Outlast materials can reduce perspiration in footwear by as much as 44%. Footwear products utilizing Outlast technology include socks, insoles, sneakers, shoes, boots and safety gear.
Outlast Technology in Industrial Applications – A major benefit of Outlast technology is that it can be used almost anywhere that heat and moisture management is required. Labeling and packaging, garden furniture, wheel chair cushions and military/law-enforcement applications are current Outlasttechnology industrial applications.
For more information visit the Outlast website: www.outlast.com
or contact Customer Service
Outlast Technologies, Inc. 5480 Valmont Rd, Suite 200 Boulder, CO 80301 303.581.0801