Knitting Mills is a vertical knitting, dyeing, and printing company established
in Los Angeles in 1973. The company produces approximately 1.5 million
yards of fabric per week. Its traditional business is to provide
fashionable knitted fabrics to the junior, contemporary, and children's
markets. In 2004, Antex added the Antex Premier Performance division
to provide technical fabrics to the outdoor and activewear markets.
Antex prides itself on its flexibility in servicing
its customers' needs in providing competitively priced, high quality fabrics
and quick deliveries. It is the company's goal to service the needs
of the apparel industry by offering fabrics that appeal to the fashion,
lifestyle, and performance driven consumer.
new division is an extension to Antex's traditional knitting business.
Through the use of the company's Matchmaster Dye House, Antex has the
ability to monitor the entire fabric development process all the way through
to the finished fabric, including dyeing, printing, and finishing.
To set itself apart from other knitters in the performance
fabric market, Antex maintains several fine gauge knitting machines, in
the 32, 34, 36, 38 cut range, which allows the company to produce some
very unique performance fabrics. These fine gauge machines
have the ability to produce warp-knit like tricot fabrics
on circular knitting machines.
Premier Performance line of technical fabrics includes
several weights of tightly constructed circular knits, containing
varying amounts of Lycra®, many finished with a sueded surface.
Antex uses a special peaching machine in the finishing process of some
performance fabrics to give an exceptionally soft hand. The
peaching machine, not only brushes the fabric evenly, but it also allows
for controlling the amount of sueding that is done to a fabric, ranging
from just a touch to a heavier sueded finish that has the feel of a fleece.
Some of the performance yarns used by Antex Premier Performance include:
- Meryl® nylon and Meryl® Skinlife
- Sorbtek ®
Green Line™ by Antex:
This new line of environmentally friendly cotton fabrics, made from organic
cotton, is a new development from Antex Premier
Performance. The collection is targeted towards the yoga
and other casually active sportswear markets. Green Line™ is available
with moisture management and/or antimicrobial finishes.
Antex knitting department consists of 300 high-speed, multi-feed, state-of-the-art
machines. The equipment, ranging from 14 to 38 cut machines, provides
the capabilities to produce a wide range of fabrics including:
Most machines are equipped with feeders to add spandex to
any fabric. Antex uses only the finest yarns, including cotton,
rayon, nylon, polyester, microfibers, and novelties.
Dyeing and Finishing
All of Antex's fabrics are dyed, finished, or printed in
the company's dye house, Matchmaster Dyeing and Finishing. The dyeing
is done in 30 pressure jets, using the finest reactive dyes available
in the market. Special finishes available include:
Prior to shipping, all necessary lab testing and quality
inspections are performed on the fabric. The Antex laboratory is
approved by major retailers (Gap,Target, Wal-Mart, JCPenney), and all
tests correlate with MTL and SGS regulations.
Antex maintains a library of several thousand print patterns
developed by the company's print designers, as well as a design studio
that produces original artwork. Antex has the capability to print
up to 18 colors per patterns on its state-of-the-art printing machines.
Several printing techniques used by the company include:
• Wet printing on cellulosic Fibers (reactive dyes, resist
• Wet printing on polyamide fibers (acid dyes for swimwear)
• Wet printing on polyester fibers (disperse dyes)
• Pigment printing
PyroSafe by Antex®
PyroSafe by Antex®, a new line of flame resistant cotton knits, which offers protective clothing manufacturers dramatic new possibilities to expand their lines of fire resistant clothing by introducing the softest, most comfortable and most durable fabrics on the market for industrial applications. Pyrosafe fabrics are currently in use by the U.S. Military.
PyroSafe by Antex® Qualities:
- Lifetime Flame Resistance Guarantee: This revolutionary proprietary process for knit cotton and cotton blend fabrics is flame resistant for the life of the garment.
- Unmatched Comfort: These cotton and cotton blended knits are extremely soft and breathable, with the added benefit of better stretch and movement.
- Protective Performance: Superior test results in electric arc and flash fire testing make our fabrics ideal for the protective clothing industry and enhanced employee safety.
- Durability: These fabrics pass 100 industrial launderings and still maintain their flame resistant properties, which makes PyroSafe fabrics superior to competitive fabrics in the market. PyroSafe fabrics maintain their original appearance after repeated washings.
DRY INSIDE PERFORMANCE COTTON
DRY INSIDE PERFORMANCE COTTON is an innovative line of cotton fabrics, developed in 2007 for the high performance and under garment markets through an exclusive partnership between Antex and Nano-Tex.
DRY INSIDE PERFORMANCE COTTON Benefits:
- DRY INSIDE is a 100% natural performance cotton fabric that moves moisture from the inside to the outside of a garment, keeping the wearer dry and comfortable in active or athletic situations.
- DRY INSIDE fabrics wick moisture from the skin side and instantly transfer it to the outside of the fabric, keeping the inside against the skin totally dry, thereby eliminating stickiness, friction and chafing.
- DRY INSIDE fabrics have a natural, soft cotton feel. The exclusive Nano-Tex technology keeps the wearer dry and comfortable in active or lifestyle situations.
For more information visit the Antex Knitting Mills web site.
Or, Contact: Anna Tenenblatt, Vice President
For more information on Antex’s Industrial Fabrics and PyroSafe by Antex®, contact the Antex Industrial Division:
Dennis James firstname.lastname@example.org or Alan Gitomer, email@example.com
Antex Knitting Mills
3750 South Broadway Place
Los Angeles, CA 90007
Dyeing and Finishing
3700 South Broadway
Los Angeles, CA 90007