Insulation Trademark and Brand Name Index
Click on a letter to jump to your alpha choice.
Pacific Coast Down
- Pacific Coast Feather Company bedding products, manufactured by Pacific Coast Feather Company, include Pacific Coast Down, Titanium Down, Lyocell Down and USA sourced natural material.
- Develped by Sympatex Technologies, this composite material provides functionality during low activity. The 3D foam dots on the membrane act as spacers to the skin and gives increased heat insulation through air chambers between 3D foam dots. During High activity and reduced heat insulation, increased perspiration removal and breathability due to membrane expansion. The benefits offer smart climate control through dynamic heat insulation. Phaseable is as durable as a 3 layer laminate, but is as lightweight as a 2 layer laminate.
The fabric is comfortable, 100% waterproof (20.000 mm), breathable, 100% windproof, 100% solvent free, and uses an ecological coating process. Reduced carbon footprint is achieved through 100% EU production.
- Polarguard® continuous filament
polyester is a member of the
Polarguard Family of Insulation Products.
Polarguard® combines a super void
cross section with modified batting
formation. The larger void creates higher loft
with less weight, making it warmer, yet
lighter. The result is a state-of-the art
insulation that offers superior performance
in sleeping bags and outdoor apparel under
the harshest environments.
- Polarguard® 3D, made by INVISTA, is a
continuous, polyester fiber with a down-like
softness. It is used for fiberfill for sleeping
bags, gloves, outdoor jackets and pants,
and for other outdoor gear. The exclusive
high-void cross section of the fiber prevents
collapse and retains loft after years of use.
In Polarguard 3D the new finer deniers
create insulation that remains strong and
warm for high performance outerwear.
- Polarguard® HV is a polyester insulation
produced by INVISTA. The HV stands for
"high void continuous filament." It offers all
the advantages of Polarguard® but is 25%
lighter, because it traps greater quantities of
air. It is also highly compressible, resists
wet conditions, and is very durable. Most
sleeping bag manufacturers give it a lifetime
- Developed by Polartec, LLC, POLARTEC® ALPHA® ACTIVE
INSULATION WAS INVENTED FOR THE U.S. SPECIAL FORCES.
They required a superior insulation system for extreme
temperature variations and the start-stop conditions of combat.
Alpha® active insulation is engineered for consistent warmth, while
allowing greater breathability during activity. This air exchange
technology creates sustained comfort without shedding layers,
which isn’t an option during a mission.
Polartec® Alpha® Direct
- Developed by Polartec, LLC, POLARTEC® ALPHA® DIRECT
INSULATION CONTINUOUSLY RELEASES EXCESS BODY HEAT
BEFORE IT BUILDS TO CAUSE SATURATION AND DISCOMFORT.
This patented, adaptive quality is made possible through Alpha’s
lofted fibers connected to a solid mesh core. And since Polartec®
Alpha® is inherently hydrophobic, it resists all moisture and dries
Polartec® Power Fill™
- Developed by Polartec, LLC, POLARTEC® POWER FILL™ IS A
PREMIUM SOLUTION FOR PACKAGE INSULATION, MADE FROM
AN INDUSTRY-LEADING 80% POST-CONSUMER
RECYCLED (PCR) CONTENT. This proprietary platform provides
greater warmth retention in colder conditions, without added
weight or bulk. A unique controlled melt process bonds the hollow
fibers, increasing durability and drapability, reducing the need for
scrims or other stabilizers. This gives Power Fill™ unmatched
warmth and design versatility, perfect for a wide range of usage
applications. Polartec® Power Fill™ resists moisture absorption
and dries quickly, while maintaining a high warmth to weight ratio.
Polartec® Thermal Pro® FR
- Developed by Polartec, LLC, POLARTEC® THERMAL PRO® FR
BRINGS CERTIFIED FLAME RESISTANCE TO THE
ORIGINAL SYNTHETIC FLEECE. This fabric platform embodies the
versatile applications of synthetic fleece needed for today’s most
challenging work environments. A diverse variety of knitting
techniques create unique surface structures without sacrificing
thermoregulation performance. The adapted look and feel still
delivers the warmth and comfort of classic fleece.
Polartec® Wind Pro®
- Developed by Polartec, LLC, POLARTEC® WIND PRO® IS
ENGINEERED WITH A COMPACT KNIT SURFACE STRUCTURE FOR
UP TO 4X GREATER WIND RESISTANCE
THAN REGULAR SYNTHETIC FLEECE. This added brawn deflects
the elements while still maintaining soft comfort and breathability.
Thermal air pockets retain the warmth needed from an insulation
layer, all without the use of a laminated membrane. Wind Pro® is
dependable and versatile in inclement weather conditions.
Polartec® Wind Pro® FR
- Developed by Polartec, LLC, POLARTEC® WIND PRO® FR IS AN
ADVANCED FLAME RESISTANT CERTIFIED
FLEECE DEVELOPED TO RESIST ALL THE ELEMENTS. While still air
permeable, a tighter
knit construction reduces the amount of wind chill. A durable water
repellent outer surface withstands moisture and rain while
retaining breathability and comfort. This stronger knit fleece is
tough enough to take on the most challenging conditions.
- Polygiene prevents the growth of odor-causing bacteria and
fungi at the source, permanently. To do this Polygiene uses low
concentrations of silver salt (silver chloride), which has
antimicrobial properties and is naturally present in water and
soil, to safely eliminate the ability for bacteria and fungi to grow.
The permanent treatment is applied at the finishing stages of
textile production and odor control is possible as the technology
is bound and permanently integrated in the fabric and will not
wash out. Polygiene silver salt technology is only active on the
textiles itself and with a heritage in the healthcare sector
Polygiene has applied its expertise and testing to ensure that
there is no effect on the natural bacterial flora of the skin.
Polygiene is not nanosilver.
- PrimaLoft ECO uses fibers made with 70% post consumer recycled materials to create a high loft, thermally efficient, earth-friendly insulation.
PrimaLoft® ECO FOOTWEAR
- PrimaLoft ECO FOOTWEAR uses fibers made with 50% post consumer recycled materials to make a thermally efficient insulation. This earth friendly product provides superior durability and fit for lasting comfort. Gram for gram, PrimaLoft ECO FOOTWEAR keeps feet warmer, wet or dry.
- PrimaLoft INFINITY is a fine denier high-loft continuous filament
insulation engineered for maximum warmth, compressibility, and
- PrimaLoft ONE is the highest performing insulation on the market
for warmth, water resistance, softness and compressibility.
PrimaLoft ONE is an ultra fine micro fiber insulation that is as
warm, soft, and lightweight as down, and is warmer wet or dry
than all other insulations.
- PrimaLoft SPORT is a premium performance insulation engineered for superior warmth, water
resistance, loft, softness and compressibility.
PrimaLoft® The Luxury Down Alternative™
- PrimaLoft® - The Luxury Down Alternative™, is the synthetic insulation of choice for the world’s leading bedding and home manufacturers. It’s incredibly soft and lightweight, antimicrobial and hypoallergenic, and machine washable and dryable for easy care. PrimaLoft was developed by Albany International Corp. under contract to the U.S. Army to mimic the properties of down while maintaining the performance aspects of a synthetic. It is a unique microfiber polyester fill that is as soft and warm as down. PrimaLoft bedding and home furnishing products can be found in fine specialty stores, department stores, and catalogs.
- Developed by DOWNLITE, Pur-Down is the company's exclusive antimicrobial technology, offering a reduction of 99.7% of the microbes that can cause unwanted odors that naturally occur in
down. This bluesign® chemistry is washed into the down during the sterilization process and delivers lasting freshness to the
product. The Pur-down treatment has no advserse effects on down loft or cleanliness, and is completely eco-friendly.
Back to Top