Winter / Snow 2020 Fabric Trends from the FabricLink Network
Sustainability is the dominant overall trend in the Outdoor Market. All aspects of textiles need to have a sustainable message.
Fabric Trends – Some of the current sustainability trends include:
- Blended fabrics utilizing fiber technology that reduces synthetic microfiber pollution
- Blends with natural fibers for sustainability & comfort
- Natural Plant Dyes / Sustainable Dyes / Dyeing with low (or no) water usage
- Sustainable Lamination Technologies
- Advanced Recycled / Biodegradable fibers
- Biodegradable Polyester
- PFC Free Hydrocarbons incorporated into the fiber, allowing for the retention of functionality for up to 80 washes – longer than conventional coatings
- Antimicrobial fibers / fabrics with reduced need for washing
- Abrasion Resistant fabrics to extend life
- Bio-engineered Fibers / Biopolymers
Color of the Year Pantone's color of the year is Classic Blue (PANTONE 19-4052), which takes on distinct appearances through application to different materials, finishes and textures, from shimmering metallics, lustrous sheens and high-tech materials to hand crafted looks and more fragile fabrics.