There is a trend toward more sustainable textiles including recyclable and biobased. Your repellent finish should go beyond just being non-fluorinated, but also be biobased.
Teflon EcoElite™ finish contains 60 percent renewably sourced raw material derived from plant-based sources and offers durable water-based stain repellency that works on a range of fabrics. Teflon EcoElite™ finish is up to three times more durable than other non-fluorinated repellents, delivering excellent performance every wash. Learn more
MMI Textiles is proud to introduce this Made in the USA line of fabrics developed to keep our environmental footprint small while still performing at a high level. These fabrics are perfect for making pants, shorts, t-shirts, and more.
- Low minimum orders
- Environmentally preferred fibers and finishes.
- Recycled polyester including REPREVE®, TENCEL™, and X4zol™-J fibers.
- HeiQ finishes and CiCLOÂ® additive
Summer ORSM 2021 Fabric Trends from the FabricLink Network
NPD Sees an E-Commerce Growth Opportunity for the Outdoor Market.
Outdoor Market Expands its Customer Base.
Image Source: NPD
"It is undeniable that consumers have found refuge in the industry during the pandemic, the outdoor consumer base is growing, and this engagement will endure for the long haul," states Matt Powell, VP, Senior Industry Advisor, Sport, for NPD. "I truly believe that the pandemic has spurred a renewed commitment to health and fitness, and this will play a role in continuing the positive momentum for outdoor products."
Over the past year, the outdoor industry has taken advantage of the consumerâ€™s need to have an outlet from the lockdowns by offering products that made exercising easy and more comfortable. Powell explains, "The exceptionally high growth and interest in the outdoors has driven consumer demand, including water sports. Stand-up paddle sports, camping, cycling, and fitness have placed outdoor businesses in a unique position, and has resulted in the formation of an entirely new customer base."
With this as a backdrop, the FabricLink Network outlines some key Fabric Trends for Summer 2021.
- Sustainability remains the dominant overall trend and message for all performance materials in the Outdoor Market. However, there is a need for the outdoor brands/retailers to educate both existing customers and this "new consumer base" on the various aspects of sustainable production.
- Antimicrobial Fabrics/Finishes
- Hemp grows as an important sustainable fiber for the Outdoor Market.
- Comfortable moisture-management fabrics.
- Sustainable Lamination Technologies
- Innovative denim fabric constructions & shades.
- Crinkled, crushed, and crumpled surfaces.
- Multi-colored fabrics.
- Ultra-lightweight fabrics with a silky, supple hand.
- Shiny, shimmery surface finishes.
- Geometric prints.
Pantone's Color of the Year 2021
A marriage of color conveying a message of strength
and hopefulness that is both enduring and uplifting
"The union of an enduring 'Ultimate Gray' with the vibrant yellow, 'Illuminating', expresses a message of positivity, supported by fortitude. Practical and rock solid, but at the same time warming and optimistic, this is a color combination that gives us resilience and hope. We need to feel encouraged and uplifted; this is essential to the human spirit." - LEATRICE EISEMAN, EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR OF THE PANTONE COLOR INSTITUTE