Fiber/Yarn/Thread Trademark and Brand Name Index
Click on a letter to jump to your alpha choice.
- DACRON® is an Invista polyester fiber, initially developed as a
filament yarn for apparel fabrics. The product introduced "easy
care" to the market by being the first brand to deliver wash-and-
wear benefits to garments. The size, shape and chemistry of
DACRON® fibers have been engineered to deliver textile features
and benefits not just to apparel. It is used as fiberfill in pillows
and decorative fabrics in home textiles. Its exceptional
adaptability has also led to the creation of new products in the
commercial upholstery and automotive markets.
- DEJA™ is the global, sustainable, performance brand for 100% rPET from Indorama Ventures Limited (IVL). DEJA™ is available across 100% rPET recycled flake, pellet, fiber and filament. DEJA™ offers both education and leadership by giving converters credibility; retailers accreditation; and end consumers the assurance of sustainability with high performance as standard. DEJA™ demands more from plastic and less from the environment by recycling over 4.17 billion plastic bottles yearly and transforming them into innovative ingredient products, across multiple applications, to protect the future. DEJA™is remade to be remade again.
- DirecTex products include fabrics, webbing, specialty materials, metal and wire-formed hardware, plastic hardware, hook & loop fasteners, cord and elastic products, and sewing threads. The company's knowledge, along with its direct production connections and dedication to detail, make it a one-stop for all types of production component needs. DirecTex can assist in finding other component materials, even if the need extends beyond the company's traditional specialty areas of webbing, plastic and hardware. The DirecTex trademark bands include: Yaw Liamy Fabric, Wirewright Metal Hardware, Titan Plastic Hardware, D-Web Narrow Webbing, Grip-It Hook and Loop, Zip-It Continuous Chain, ProForce Tactical.
- Dorlastan® is the spandex fiber produced by Bayer Inc. It is lightweight and soft, but stronger and more durable than rubber. Dorlastan can be stretched over 500% without breaking, and can be stretched repeatedly and still recover it's original length. It provides lightweight freedom of movement in men's, women's and children's apparel. Uses include athletic apparel, bathing suits, foundation garments, ski pants, slacks, tights, slacks, support and surgical hose.
Draper Body Therapy®
- Developed by Draper Knitting Company, this technology includes
a full range of finished products to help integrate therapeutic
benefits to where needed them most, in easy to care for use
items. Whether the need is a better night's sleep, looking to
achieve better recovery from a workout, or wanting to address
chronic body issues, the Draper Body Therapy® products contain
Celliant® fibers to help the body to feel good. All general
products are Made in the USA. The socks are made in Italy.
Draper Canine Therapy®
- Developed by Draper Knitting Company, this line of canine
products is designed with canines (and felines) in mind. The
Draper Canine Therapy® line of products meets the needs of
even the most fuzzy keepers. Whether it's a tough durable, but
super Dog Coat to keep the dog cool and provide therapy to
where it is needed the most, the benefits of Celliant® can truly
help improve the overall health and wellness to animals. The
Draper Canine Therapy® line is Made in the USA, and is
Draper Knitting Fabrics
- Draper Knitting (all fabrics made in Canton, Massachusetts,USA) offers three types of fabric formations under one roof. Non-woven stitch-bonded fabrics are high performance low cost liner fabrics and are custom blended to meet any specification. Our Ecopile (100% post consumer recycled polyester pile fabric for people like Patagonia) has been a popular seller for over 15 years. Our conventional knits are offered in many layouts from rib and jersey knits to Lacoste and Piques, customizable to meet your needs.
- With the company motto, "comfort is our promise", Optimer Technologies offers a new collection of comfort enhancement solutions into the Optimer Brands family, under the seal of DRICOMFORT®. Recent DRICOMFORT® technologies include: 1) an active particle that accelerates the drying of filament polyester fabrics (GEO); 2) a performance fleece that wicks sweat as well as it warms (LOFT); and 3) a dual performance fabric that wicks inside and repels outside (DUO). Built on a foundation of scientific research and testing, DRICOMFORT® stands for enhanced comfort for the wearer, making everyday fabrics perform better than they ever did before! Apparel items that incorporate DRICOMFORT® innovative solutions establish brand equity, and add quality /value to the finished product.
- Developed by OPTIMER Technologies, drirelease® is a comfort technology that performs. Since the benefits of drirelease® are natural, inherent, and free of any chemical performance treatments, the technology always keeps the wearer feeling fresh. Fabrics made using drirelease® engineered fiber blends optimize the natural wicking, drying, softness, and comfort of a performance fabric. The unique technology utilizes both synthetic and natural fibers, and accelerates the water release rate by pushing water/perspiration through to the outside of the garment into the air. Drirelease® instills a sense of comfort for the user. Applications include: athleticwear, lifestyle, fashion, undergarments, outerwear, socks, and bedding.
Dyneema® Fibers & Fabrics
- This ultra-high-molecular-weight polyethylene, Dyneema® fibers are a lightweight high-strength fiber, spun through a spinneret. Considered the strongest fibers in the world, these extreme low-density fibers are up to 15 times stronger than high-quality steel, on a weight for weight basis, yet still light enough to float on water. Dyneema® Fabrics are extremely durable, moisture resistant, abrasion resistance/cut resistance and UV resistant, and chemical resistant. End-uses include mooring ropes and nets for maritime and commercial fishing industries, military and law enforcement for personal and vehicle armor. Hybrid versions of woven Dyneema® fabric is being laminated to Dyneema® Composite Fabrics (formerly Cubin Fiber) in backpacks for hardcore outdoor adventurers who need the toughest gear.
Back to Top